PROCEDURES FOR REPORTING ABSENCES
1. Phone Numbers: 444-1680/444-1516
2. Calls must be made by parent/guardian and include the name of student, the
grade level of the student, and the reason for the absence.
3. Calls must be made to the phone numbers listed above.
4. Calls must be made on the day of the absence or within 48 hours of the student's
return to school. We would prefer a call each day in the event of a
multiple day absence. If your child misses three or more consecutives da s
5. If the student needs to be absent for a valid cause outside of illness, the absence
must be pre-approved. A pre-arranged absence form can be picked up in the
Attendance Office, room 124. After required signatures are complete, final
approval must be given Mrs Kim Burch, Assistant Principal, room 239.
6. Absences for illness of more than three consecutive or non-consecutive days may
require medical verification specifying date(s) student was medically unable to
7. When a student is given a dismissal for medical reasons or court appointments, a
written verification is requested to be brought to the Attendance Office, Room
124, when the student returns.
8. If a student leaves school without a dismissal, the absence will be
9. Please check in the agenda book or Article XIV in the Ownership in Education
handbook for clarification of what constitutes excused and unexcused absences.