Criteria used for identification includes:
- Scoring at least 80% or higher in Reading on the Iowa Test of Basic Skills
- Scoring at least 80% or higher in Math on the Iowa Test of Basic Skills
- Scoring a 120 or higher in any subtest of the Cogat on the Iowa Test of Basic Skills
- Referred by classroom teacher and/or building administrator
- Referred by parent and/or self
- Scoring 120 or higher on the Naglieri Nonverbal Ability Test
Students are identified during Spring and Summer in preparation for the next school year.
An appeal process is provided that allows for extenuating circumstances or conditions that might have failed to reflect the true potential/ability of the student. This appeal is initiated by a letter to Curriculum Coordinator.